As you’ve no doubt discovered, losing weight takes dedication and perseverance. But you’ve also
found that it is well worth the effort. Chances are a global pandemic was not among the
challenges you expected to face when you set out on your weight and wellness journey, but with
some planning and dedication, it doesn’t have to derail your success.
Here are a few tips to help you maintain your hard-earned weight loss success over the long term:
- Plan to not only lose weight, but to transition from the weight loss phase into a long-term maintenance regime. You will continue to need coaching, monitoring and support during this transition and through maintenance. So, reach out to your coach virtually! The team that supported you this far may become even more valuable when you are facing more choices and need to learn different coping skills.
- Keep following the healthy, positive eating habits that you’ve already developed. You may have more tempting food around you at home now, but don’t give in.
- Watch for situations that might sabotage your weight loss journey. For example: if you find yourself hitting that afternoon slump, instead of reaching for a piece of candy to boost your energy, go outside for a moment and get some fresh air (practicing “social distancing” of course).
- Stock your fridge and pantry with healthy snacks so you always have something on hand. Ideal Protein has dozens of tasty products to choose from.
- Reach out virtually to family and friends for support to help you get over any “bumps in the road.”
- Monitor your weight and if you gain a few pounds, don’t panic. Just re-set. Adjust your eating and exercise until you’re back where you want to be—but try not to delay and get back on track as quickly as possible. Or reach out to your coach or clinic to discuss an Ideal Protein Tune-up!
Plan ahead, stay on course, and enjoy your healthier lifestyle!